- AFRINIC has released its official tally of the Internet Protocol address space misappropriated from the African region.
- Facebook released its nascent dating feature to European users following months of delays caused by the data protection concerns of local regulators.
- Facebook Inc. is building a feature for users of its social network to connect with their neighbors, a push toward more intimate interactions that treads on the idea behind rival Nextdoor Inc., which is considering a public offering.
- The South African government plans to introduce legislation that places responsibilities on Internet service providers to help fight copyright infringement online.
- Twitter suffered an apparent worldwide outage on Thursday that lasted about an hour and a half
- Facebook has unveiled a redesign of its Messenger app – which includes a new logo, default chat colour and new chat themes.